Accueil   Home  /  Forums

General discussions, all subjects :-) 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
IBM pc110 request for memory or information...
Posted by: mikelycett (IP Logged)
Date: June 20, 2009 01:25PM

Hi all,

I own an IBM pc110 and i'm searching for a memory upgrade module to allow it to be upgraded from the standard 8mb (4mb on board and 4mb expansion) up to 20mb using a 16mb expansion.

If anyone has one or know where i can aquire one then please let me know.

Also - i have an issue thats driving me crazy - i want to reinstall the 4mb flash internal storage with the origianl japanese pim Personaware but time i try i get the following error:

i9990305

Which means the storage could not be mounted - but i can see this under windows 95 and have even tried fdisk to make this visible and again reormatted but with no joy..

Any ideas ?

Re: IBM pc110 request for memory or information...
Posted by: pappde (IP Logged)
Date: July 20, 2009 12:44PM

PC 110 and related items show up on Ebay from time to time. I junst recently bought a full wersion with all the goodies there. It came with the 16 Meg memory module.
My PC110 came with a Japanese W95 on the 230Meg PCMICA hard drive and an empty internal flash storage. Since I also received the original system diskettes, I was able to reinstall PersonaWare on the 4Meg internal flash memory. It took me quite a while to figure things out, since everything is with japanese caracters. It helped that I looked up all the available english references on the web before. It still took me over a day worth of fiddlig with it. I even installed the available english modules. I tried to install it also on a SanDisk flash card but then I ru into the same problem as you did. Windows sees it as a hard drive E:, I can even open it and move files into it, but DOS does not see it at all, and on attempt to boot in it I get the same 1990305 error message.

Re: IBM pc110 request for memory or information...
Posted by: mikelycett (IP Logged)
Date: May 13, 2019 11:25AM

Hi pappde it’s only taken me 10 years to notice someone replied to this.

In this time I’ve acquired a second ibm pc110 with 20mb ram but in opening the device it appears to be a homemade module with someone using larger chips and it’s wired to the board in a number of places including a further IC chip.

I still own the 8mb model and only this week was I loading things onto it first time in about a year I’ve had a play.

I have different operating systems on different compact flash drives each formatted using pc dos.

That turned out to be the way of restoring the 4mb internal drive with persona ware. If you need to do this still or still have the pc110?

I used the disks from Dan Basterfields site to do this and a floppy drive via the docking station.

Also I installed the English components to it.

I also have the rare ce300 camera but to be honest it’s had little use other than for novelty and only runs under dos.

Anyway I found this post guessed my password correctly and figured I’d do the honest thing and reply in case anyone ever trips over this like I did today.

I’d still like a 16mb module but prices are too much for the rarity.

Sadly because of the 20mb system having a modified ram I’ll not be able to move it from machine to machine but it does give me ideas that I possess the knowledge maybe how to re fabricate it though not sure my soldering skills are up to it.

However if anyone interested I’d be happy to take some hi res pics and share what I have.

Thanks Mike

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.