Accueil   Home  /  Forums

General discussions, all subjects :-) 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
PC-G850V website
Posted by: Chris (IP Logged)
Date: March 20, 2006 06:01PM

Hi!
I have bought a Sharp PC-G850V pocket computer and now explore the system. Since system info is only available from japanese websites, I have put some PC-G850V related stuff on the web.
Don't expect too much, I'm just getting started... I will update this website as I find out more but this will need some time.
If you can contribute any info related to this pocket computer or find errors on the site, please let me know.
Here's the (preliminary) web address:

[homepage.mac.com]

Christian

Re: PC-G850V website
Posted by: Edgar (IP Logged)
Date: March 21, 2006 12:34PM

Hello!

Very interesting site! Do you know more about the CT-441 interface?
Is it available in Europe? Is it usable with other modells like the PC-E220?

regards Edgar

Date: March 21, 2006 01:33PM

Hallo Edgar,

My CT-441 package/manual (all in Japanese) says that the interface is compatible with the PC-G820/830/850S and 850V.
I'm not sure about compatibility with the E220 but I would not exclude this possibility. I guess that the CT-441 does only a (cmos)RS232<->USB conversion, so this should not make a difference for I/O on the pocket computer's side.

No, it is not available in Europe but at a Japanese online store (see the 'links' section on my page). I have also ordered some accessories for PIC programming there and they delivered quickly.

Christian

Posted by: Edgar (IP Logged)
Date: March 22, 2006 12:01PM

Hallo Christian!

Thanx for your reply.
I had plans to develop my own level converter with USB. The problem is time and that the USB to rs232 chips have all SMD packages (hard to solder). I have allready developed a rs232 level converter also suitable for the PC-220.

[www.geocities.com]

Hm, looks like the CT-441/C1 is a USB cable.
What was the price of the CT-441 with shipping?
Did you pay with credit card?

Edgar

Date: March 22, 2006 06:23PM

Hallo Edgar,

the price for the CT-441 is about 50€ (+20€ shipping.) You are right, the CT-441/C1 is a USB cable. Yes, I paid with credit card. It's worth to look at their other pocket computer accessories, they have PIC related stuff:
[homepage.mac.com]
And they sell the CT-421(a 82C55 based interface with AD/DA converter), looks like it is compatible with the PC-E200.

Your universal serial interface is a good idea and a great design. I first wanted to build an interface for my 1360 but then I saw (on a website) that I could get away with a simple modification of a CE-137T (organizer) level converter and bought 2 of them for 10€. A number of these interfaces have been offered at eBay during the last months.
A USB interface is a great idea since the CT-441 is rather expensive.
By the way: Do you have any idea how to transfer data between the pocket computer and a Mac (USB, MacOS X)? I'm desperately seeking a solution for this sad smiley

Christian

Posted by: huskyr5 (IP Logged)
Date: April 22, 2006 02:22PM

HELLO:
I HAVE JUST BOUGHT A PC-G850 POCKET COMPUTER FROM EBAY, BUT I HAVE NOT THE MANUAL INSTRUCTIONS. I DON´T KNOW HOW TO MEMORIZE THE PROGRAMS AND HOW TO RUN. CAN YOU HELP ME, PLEASE? THANKS

Date: April 23, 2006 08:16PM

Hi!
I know the missing manual problem winking smiley
The PC-G850 has several options for storing programs:
a) on RAM disk
b) on tape (cassette interface needed)
c) serial transfer to a big PC

Please look on my site (the stuff under "data exchange"):
[homepage.mac.com]
I have listed the relevant BASIC keywords for I/O there.

You can find a list of all BASIC keywords here:
[homepage.mac.com]

These keyword are valid for the PC-G850V but I think there are not many differences.

Let me know what kind of programs you mean (BASIC, C, Assembler?) and where you want to store them (see above), so I can give you a more detailed answer.

A good idea is to find a download of the PC-E220 manual since this machine is very close to the PC-G850. Here's the German manual (there seems to be no English version):
[esupport.sharp.de]

For data transfer with a PC or Mac, an interface is required.
I have developed a USB to pocket interface but it's still in the testing stage and will be hopefully available in 2 weeks.

Christian

Re: PC-G850
Posted by: jmy (IP Logged)
Date: April 02, 2007 06:18AM

HOLA... BUENO TENGO UN PC-G850 , que me lo regalaron pero lo malo que tengo el manuel de ,porfa si tiene mande ok se los agraceria.bye

Posted by: joe vazquez (IP Logged)
Date: February 19, 2008 07:05PM

alguien puede ayudarme a conseguir el convertidor ce-137t, para una wizard 9520, para conectarla a la pc o diganme donde se puede comprar

Posted by: Wolfgang (IP Logged)
Date: May 19, 2008 10:39PM

Hallo Chris!

I've read your tread with interest because I started using a PC-E220 for basic programming - former I used PC1401 and PC-E500.

Especially I#m interested in the USB connection cable. I have still a serial cable with optocoupler for the PC-E500 but it can not be used on the PC-E220 because of different ports.

I looked at your homepage but the links are not working.

Kind regards

Wolfgang

Date: May 25, 2008 01:55AM

Hallo Wolfgang!

I have updated the link in my signature.

Regards

Christian

Posted by: andresfont (IP Logged)
Date: February 18, 2009 11:41PM

Hi!every body
my name is Andres and live in venezuela.Sorry but my english no so good.
I have bought a Sharp PC-G850V pocket computer by ebay and now explore the system.I have the manual operation of the PC-E220 but I have one question.Have
The PC-G850 Engineer Software(integration,trigonometry,factorization,Metric Conv,Complex number,ect)?. Because me to look any button for that functions but I don't find it.
Thanks

Date: February 20, 2009 11:36PM

Hi,

in contrast to the E220 and E500 models, the G850V comes without "engineer software". Instead, the ROM contains other nice stuff like a C (byte code) compiler and a Z80 + CASL + PIC assembler. From the keyboard you can access a 2-dimensional STAT mode and a BASE-n calculator.

Posted by: andresfont (IP Logged)
Date: February 24, 2009 12:13AM

Hi,
Ok, thank you for your quick answer.I don't know that the G850 comes without engineer software.but,I don't worry about that. I prefer to be able to program in language "C". Now I will build the interface "RS-232".I have a question again. I need a especial software for the communication with the PC? or I can make through of the window hiperterminal.

Date: February 24, 2009 08:51PM

Hi!

You don't need a special software. Windows HyperTerminal (though not the number one in usability) allows to set a line delay which becomes neccessary when sending machine code in Hex format to the pocket computer.

Christian

Posted by: toml_12953 (IP Logged)
Date: September 17, 2018 07:22AM

Does anyone know if this website still exists somewhere? It's not at its original location.

Posted by: pocket (IP Logged)
Date: September 17, 2018 09:21PM

Hello,

I think this site is dead, you can find some information in french about this computer here : silicium.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=39743

Regards

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2018 09:21PM by pocket.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.